Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - Let the Journey Begin!

A new year...perfect time for a new beginning. No, I'm not talking about listing off all of my New Year's Resolutions for you. I'm talking about taking an opportunity to simply take a look at the way we live and see if we can't work to do it a little better. What would it take for us to be a better person? A better parent or child? A better spouse or partner? A better person of faith? A better inhabitant of this planet? A better neighbor?

What would it take? For me, and perhaps for many of us, it would simply take more time...now, I'm not suggesting we make the days any longer than they already are. And I'm definitely not suggesting we add more hours to our work day. I'm suggesting we take more time, rather than schedule more, to simply be...to daydream, to envision, to create, to wonder, to breathe.

That's what I hope to do in this new year and beyond. Far beyond the time when all of the New Year's Resolutions have fizzled and died, I hope to be enjoying life with those that I love nearby, doing the things that I enjoy, and never getting tired of the magnificent way that the God that I worship causes me to pause and to soak in all of the beauty that surrounds me.

It's not always going to be an easy journey, that I know. After all, I'm kinda stubborn and change doesn't always come easy. But I'm willing to give it a try...because I understand that this life we are living is a gift. And I want to have the opportunity to receive that gift time and time again with each new day.

So, because this is a journey, I definitely don't want to travel alone. Would you care to join me? How will we experience life anew in this year and beyond? What will we do to breathe in all that is provided to us? How will we be sure to make this world a better place just by living our lives?

Let me know if you want to come along...and let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment